Marie Claire Magazine (+NOTD)

Thursday 7 October 2010


In the November issue of Marie Claire Magazine, there is a free Ciaté nail polish, which usually costs £9. There is a choice of 2 colours - A bright red named "Mistress" and a dark red named "Dangerous Affair". I chose "Mistress", because I am yet to find the perfect bright red colour.

1 coat of Ciaté Paint Pot in 'Mistress'
Wow, messy paint job! This photo was pre-cleanup.

The colour is a gorgeous bright, postbox red. It applied like a dream. The formula is so easy to work with and I found that I really like using the long handled brush, since Ciaté handles are longer than most other nail polishes. It dried extremely quickly and only needed one coat to get the opaque red colour, that you can see above. I only applied it last night, so I can't comment on how quickly this nail polish chips, however I didn't apply topcoat, so I can imagine that it will chip quicker than usual.

ETA: My nails have severely chipped over the weekend. I think that the longevity of the nail polish would probably have been better if I had applied more coats and/or if I had put a topcoat on.

xoxo, Joy

0 comments:

Post a Comment