Project Empties #16

Friday 31 August 2012

This month's empties contain a mix of products. I've been getting through a fair few products lately, but still have a long way to go before I achieve my goal of clearing my drawers and only having the necessities.
Vaseline Cocoa Butter Moisturising Body Butter
Review: This moisturiser was great. It left my body feeling soft and hydrated, without feeling greasy. Plus it smelt great! My main gripe was that it's in a tub, but I know you can buy this in a bottle, so I can get over that.
Would I repurchase? Yes

Garnier Anti-Dark Circles Concealer
Review: I really enjoyed this concealer. I know it's designed primarily for use under your eyes, but I also used it on areas with redness or discolouration (e.g. under my nose, on acne scars, etc.). It's a perfect lightweight concealer, which does not crease. I always thought the roller ball was a bit of a gimmick, but I have to admit it is nice and cooling under the eyes. 
Would I repurchase? Yes

Silvikrin Maximum Hold Hairspray
Review: I bought this as it was pretty cheap and the perfect size for my handbag. This hairspray had good hold once sprayed, but can feel a little crunchy. It also had a pretty strong smell, which isn't that bad, just very strong, but luckily it doesn't linger.
Would I repurchase? No

La Roche Posay Effaclar K Review: I'm a little undecided about this product. It left my skin feeling smooth and was a great base for makeup, however I don't think it lived up to my expectations with regards to blemishes. I didn't see hardly any differences with my skin when I used this. It isn't very moisturising, so if you have drier skin, then you would probably need a moisturiser over the top of it.
Would I repurchase? Maybe

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Review: This is a nice and gentle, unscented cleanser. It's great for sensitive skin and I found it was a great cleanser for my morning routine as it's quick and easy to use. It isn't great at removing makeup, even after I have used Bioderma to remove the bulk of it.
Would I repurchase? Maybe

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
Review: I absolutely love this. My skin always feels great after using this. It always feels soft and nourished the day after and I feel like it has helped even out my skintone a little. I can tell the difference on my skin between when I use it and when I don't. I've heard of people say that this has helped their blemishes, but it didn't make any difference with mine. It has a slightly funny smell to it, which doesn't linger once rubbed in. It's also pretty expensive, so if you're looking for an evening serum to splurge on, I would recommend this.
Would I repurchase? Yes

L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic Mascara
Review: Here
Would I repurcase? Yes


What have you finished this month?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying really hard to finish up a lot of the products I own before I buy anything more. I really want to try the Telescopic False Lash mascara as I love the original Telescopic. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really satisfying to see what you've finished, isn't it? Definitely try it! I want to try the original Telescopic to compare :) x

      Delete