T-Zone Dilemmas

Sunday 18 December 2011

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could ask you for some advice, please?

I have combination skin, where I have dry cheeks/nose and a rather oily t-zone. Currently I'm using Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder to set my foundation, but it is not living up to expectations. I get shine after a few hours and my make-up doesn't stay in place long enough :( So I am asking you ladies, what is the best setting powder and mattifying powder you have used? Or any products that help to keep your t-zone matte? I would love some recommendations, please!

Here are some virtual Christmas cupcakes in return for your help :)

Image: Bakerella

xoxo, Joy

6 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of amazing things about Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder :). I also use Clean & Clear dual action oil free moisturiser which doesn't add any shine and is about £2 from supermarkets :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybelline Dream Matte powder is definitely a very effective product - it even beats some more expensive powders! Great to try/buy when on budget.

    What primer(s) do you use? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lauren - Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely check it out! xx

    @Jen - Ooh, thanks for letting me know. I'll definitely check out the powder and I think I've tried that moisturiser before. Is it the one in the purple packaging? I might have to pick some more of that up! xx

    @Aivi - Ooh, a second vote for the Maybelline powder! That's been added to my must have list now :) I've been using the L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer... Maybe I should invest in one that specifically targets oiliness...? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Bare Minerals foundation, it's basically foundation and powder in one and great for keeping shine away. Cause it's only made from minerals as well it doesn't clog pores and its so gentle you can even sleep in it. I've been using it about 4 years now and would never go back to liquid foundation x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Alex - Thank you for the recommendation! I'll definitely have a look into Bare Minerals. My friend uses it and her skin always look amazing, so I might have to give it a go :) xx

    ReplyDelete