Virtual Christmas Party

Monday 5 December 2011

I don't actually have a Christmas party to go to, but I have been virtual shopping for one! I love that you can completely over the top with the glitter, glitz and glamour at Christmas and nobody would bat an eyelid! My picks are quite reserved, but I love the colours and glamour of the outfits. I completely forgot to pick jewellery and I didn't pick jackets either, because who really wear jackets when they're all dolled up and going out? If the celebrities can brave the cold for premieres, why can't virtual me?!

Firstly I have my high street picks with items from Miss Selfridge, ASOS and Aldo. I absolutely adore the colour of the dress and I have been lusting after an asymmetric dress like this for ages. I think the gold clutch and gold accent of the shoes match perfectly with the rich tone of the teal, while the accent of black on the shoes means it isn't gold overload.

Dress - Miss Selfridge (£39), Clutch - ASOS (£45), Shoes - Aldo (£80)
Total = £164

Now onto the fun part! I decided to select a few items from high end, out-of-my-price-range designers. I may have had a little too much fun picking these as it made me feel like Tamara Ecclestone, hehe! (Did anyone else watch 'Tamara Ecclestone: Billion Dollar Girl'?). The dress is a beautiful red, which ties in nicely with Christmas. I love the subtle diagonal pattern on the dress, which (I assume) would be slimming. The Charlotte Olympia shoes are absolutely to die for! It was a hard toss up between these and the Paloma ones! I think the Bottega Veneta clutch finishes off the outfit nicely, as a black clutch may have been too matchy-matchy with the shoes, while the cream sticks with the neutral theme and I find ivory goes lovely with red.

Dress - Adam (£375), Clutch - Bottega Veneta (£890), Shoes - Charlotte Olympia (£608)
Total = £1873!

Are you going to a Christmas Party? What are you wearing to it? What would you buy if you could spend, no expenses spared?

xoxo, Joy

3 comments:

  1. I love the first outfit. The dress is a gorgeous colour, as are the heels which I think I want in my life..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really nice, I enjoied it so much! Wonderful outfits!

    Take a look and maybe follow?: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kfedland - Me too! I adore the teal colour :) Hehe, you should treat yourself to them! ;) xx

    @Fabrizia - Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete