New Bits & Bobs

Saturday 3 December 2011

Last week I managed to get a MAC Her Blooming Cheek blush and MAC Pink Nouveau lipstick from the lovely Rachel's blog sale. I came home to see a parcel from her and literally ripped it open!


Her Blooming Cheek blush is a gorgeous, highly pigmented pink. It looks scary in the pan, but using a stippling brush to apply it leaves you with a pretty pink cheek. I think this will be a firm favourite this winter! Pink Nouveau is a bright Barbie pink lipstick. I originally didn't think it was very me, but upon trying it on I fell in love with it. I wore it when I went shopping with my mum with a neutral eye and I really liked it! Thank you so much again, Rachel!

Her Blooming Cheek, Pink Nouveau

I have recently been lusting after a dark red/wine lipstick for Autumn/Winter. I was waiting for my friend to get her eyebrows threaded in Superdrug, so I thought it was only right to have a cheeky look down all the make-up aisles! I went a little swatch happy and must have swatched every single dark red lipstick I came across. My hand looked like I had linear measles! After some deliberation, I opted for a red lipstick by MUA which was cheap as chips at only £1! It's a gorgeous red, which is lovely for night and day. It applies like a dream, is super creamy, non-drying and lasts for ages.

I also picked up a matte black eyeshadow (shade 20) as my old one had smashed into smithereens. Like I've said before, the pigmentation of MUA eyeshadows is amazing and they are soft and velvety. MUA has definitely rapidly become one of my favourite affordable brands.


MUA Lipstick Shade 1, MUA Eyeshadow Shade 20

What have you bought recently?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. ooooh that MUA lipstick looks ace! going to pick one up in town later x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gem - It is lovely, all the MUA lipsticks are :) Hope you like it as much as I do! xx

    ReplyDelete