Review: Superdrug Dry Shampoo (Heart On Your Sleeve)

Friday 8 February 2013


I wouldn't advise spraying dry shampoo on your arm, it feels super cold and kind of hurts!

I use dry shampoo almost everyday, whether it's on clean hair for a bit of texture and volume or on second day hair to revive and freshen my hair. When I saw these Superdrug own brand dry shampoos on offer for 'Buy 1 get 2 free' a while back, I snapped them up as they only cost £1.99 each and I was interested to see how well they would fare.

The first one that I have used is Heart on your Sleeve. I also bought Head in the Clouds (Orange) and Away with the Fairies (Purple), which I haven't used yet. Heart on your Sleeve has a pleasant sweet-floral smell, which is quite nice but doesn't linger too much in the hair. The consistency of this product is more wet than powdery. As you can see from the picture above, it is colourless and doesn't leave any white residue, which is great. It gives a nice bit of added volume to my roots, however I don't think that this leaves my hair feeling as clean and fresh as some other dry shampoos. I also haven't experienced too much build up with this product.

I would recommend this product if you want to get some extra volume in your roots, however I don't think it's the product for you if you mainly use dry shampoo to freshen up your hair.

What's your favourite dry shampoo brand?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

11 comments:

  1. I really want to try this dry shampoo :) anything that will give my roots a boost :)I hope you will check out my blog :)
    leopardinleather.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it for volumising. It worked well for me :) x

      Delete
  2. Ooh I'm always on the look out for products that will give more volume, will definitely check this out the next time I'm near a superdrug - love that it's super affordable too! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! It really worked well for me :) x

      Delete
  3. Love your blog^__^ Now following~

    & I'm not a big fan of dry shampoos T__T
    I find that most of them (high and low) irritate my scalp >_<
    Quite painful.


    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! :) Oh no, that sucks that they irritate your scalp so much :( x

      Delete
  4. I'm a big batiste fan, and I don't think this would work out for me as my hair gets pretty oily. I might give it a try as a volume spray though! x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Batiste for oily hair. This Superdrug one won't compare, but it really worked well for volume :) x

      Delete
  5. Ive heard that this is better than batiste (and cheaper) may have to check it out and maybe replace it with my fav Toni & Guy dry shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's better than Batiste for volume, but not comparable for oily hair. If you try it, I hope you like it! x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for following. Checking out your blog now. :) x

    ReplyDelete