Project Empties #20

Wednesday 2 January 2013

I hope you all had a lovely new year. What did you all do? My new year is usually fairly quiet, as I like to spend it with my family and watch the fireworks on TV. But this year, I spent it helping my mum pack up the remainder of our house as we are moving at the end of this week. Since I've been helping my mum pack, I have found so much stuff I'd forgotten about, found lots of hilarious old drawings, made up stories and school things and conquered my fear of the going into the loft.

Last month I only finished a few products. Once you throw in being ill and cooped up in bed for a week or so and then spending a lot of time makeup less helping to pack up the house, not many products were used throughout the month. It also seems like my beauty drawers are getting full again after Christmas... Eek!


Of the products I used up, I would repurchase the majority as I absolutely love them. I really enjoyed using the V05 Ultimate Hold Hairspray, as it has a great amount of hold without leaving your hair crispy, flaky or hard. It's easy to brush out and doesn't leave much residue. I love the huge can and it lasts forever, even with daily use. I have recently been using Batiste Tropical more than usual. I think my last bottle lasted me around 1 year, as I barely ever used it because I hated the smell and the white residue it left. I love the coconutty tropical smell of this one. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is one of my favourite blemish products. I have a full review here and I am already on my next tube. I also love the TEN Instant Lifting Cream. I had never heard of TEN before, but when my dad brought some of their moisturisers home, I thought I'd give this one a whirl. I'm glad I did as I love this moisturiser now. It's quite a light cream, but really hydrates and helps to balance my skin as it contains hyaluronic acid. It sinks into the skin nicely and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy. The only thing I didn't like about this moisturiser is the smell as it's highly perfumed.

I won't be repurchasing the Lubatti Deliciously Rich Body Lotion (Tuberose and Mimosa), because although it smelt nice and was easy to rub into the skin, I didn't feel like it left my skin feeling  moisturised enough. I also found that you needed to use a lot per limb, using about 5-6 pumps per limb.

What have you finished this month?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

6 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing stuff! :) I love that too. I like the Vo5 hairspray as well =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's quite satisfying seeing empties all together, isn't it? It's great, isn't it? x

      Delete
  2. That batiste stuff is amazing! I keep having to stock up. I'm gonna look for the tropical one, I hope we get it here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is! I never really used dry shampoo, but now I'm hooked. The tropical one is lovely. I hope you can find it! x

      Delete
  3. I love empties posts!! It's a great motivation for me to finish some products every month:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's so satisfying to see empties all together. x

      Delete