Review: Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

Wednesday 14 December 2011



What they say: (From TheBodyShop.co.uk) Sink some antioxidant Vitamin E into your skin. Bring skin back to optimum moisture level with this intensely hydrating mask.

Price: £12.00

Swatch:



What I think: On the website, they recommend applying a thin layer and leaving for 10 minutes, before removing it or leaving it on overnight for an intensive moisturising treatment. Personally I don't see the point of applying it and wiping it off again, so I've been using this as a night moisturiser for the wintery weather. I've been really liking it, as it leaves your skin feeling soft and non-greasy the next morning. When I first bought this, I applied large amounts to my face and it left my skin feeling tacky and sticky for a while and almost made my face feel like it was stinging a little. You literally need a pea size amount, and that is more than enough to leave your face with a thin, moisturising layer.

It smells clean and fresh, without having an over powering scent. The texture of this mask is quite hard to describe. I'd say it's a gel-like, wibbly texture (I don't know if that makes any sense, but hopefully the pictures in this post illustrate what I'm on about...!). I initially didn't like the texture, as it's quite unlike any other moisturisers I've tried, but the more I used it, the more I got used to it.

This mask is also great for other parts of the body. If my skin is feeling extra dry, I use this like a normal moisturiser and slather it onto my skin.

I would recommend this for people with dry skin. I have an oily t-zone and it hasn't made me break out or get an oilier. You get a generous 100ml in the tub, which I think will last ages. I haven't tried The Body Shop Vitamin E night moisturiser, but I assume that this would be more moisturising. So if you're considering the night moisturiser, maybe give this a go as the night moisturiser comes in at £10 for 50ml and this is £12 for 100ml, which is great value for money as you get double the amount of product for £2 extra.

I got an Origins Intensive Mask in the Origins gift set from Bicester (mentioned here), which I think is a similar product to this, so I'll definitely be using that soon and maybe comparing the two.

Have you ever tried this product or any other intensive moisturising product?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

3 comments:

  1. nice review :) This looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool review, I found it a little too sticky, but I'll try your tip with only using a pea size amount :)

    ReplyDelete