Review: Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser

Thursday 12 September 2013



After reading tonnes of rave reviews for the Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser, I have to admit I was underwhelmed when I started using the product.

I really liked the concept of moisturising in the shower, as I thought it would be great for saving time and effort. However, when you think about it, you're cutting out one pre-dressing step but adding one in the shower... So in effect it doesn't make that make difference, however it does mean you can spend more time in the warm shower - score - and it somehow feels like less effort than moisturising post-shower.

The Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser has a moisturiser like consistency and is easily massaged around the skin. It smells a lot like Nivea Creme (The moisturiser in the blue tubs), which is a pleasant and clean scent. The smell doesn't linger too long once washed off, so you needn't worry about it mixing with other fragrances. Note: Be careful when stepping out of the shower/bath, as the base turns into your own mini ice rink and gets super slippery! I have quite dry body skin, so I find that I have to use quite a lot of product to get adequate post-shower moisturisation, which has resulted in getting through this 400ml bottle pretty quickly. After rinsing, there is a slight residue on the skin. It feels like a layer of moisturisation on the top of the skin and while I'm not a fan of residue leaving products, this is just about tolerable in my books. Once I have stepped out of the shower and dried off, my skin feels very slightly moisturised (mainly due to the residue left on the skin) but I always feel like it could do with more. That either means using even more product in the shower (which doesn't feel economical) or moisturising again post shower (which defeats the point of this product).

I wouldn't recommend this if you have dry skin, but I think it might be good for people with normal skin. I also think that it's quite a good product for men, as the scent and packaging are fairly gender neutral.

Have you ever used the Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

6 comments:

  1. I love the scent of this and I really wanted to love it but it doesn't really make much of a difference, I still find myself needing to reach for the moisturiser!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I still had to moisturise after use too. If you like the scent, you should try Nivea Creme moisturiser x

      Delete
  2. These things usually never work for me :(

    Be sure to enter my giveaway
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/2013/09/orglamix-review-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I was expecting great things, but it didn't work for me :( x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the kind words and following, Zara :) x

    ReplyDelete