Pandora's Box

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Recently I have been shying away from my costume jewellery and have been looking around for some more expensive, investment pieces. I have been admiring Pandora bracelets, as I like the idea of personalised jewellery with each charm perhaps representing a significant time of your life or special occasions.

Images from House of Fraser

I like the simplicity of the bracelet bases, as they could be worn empty without charms, with a few charms and/or jampacked with charms. At the moment, I'm think I prefer the leather Pandora bracelets, especially the cream one above as it would be perfect for summer.

The great thing about these bracelets are that you're not obliged to buy a million charms all at once. You could gradually build up your collection as time goes on and I think that makes the bracelet more special. As I said before, I think that if I were to buy charms, I would mainly pick them to represent special occasions. If I were to pick charms to go on my bracelet, the ones above are the charms I would opt for. There's a mix of things, ranging from a J charm (because you can't have a personalised bracelet without having an initial charm) to the turtle (to remind me of the girlie holiday with my friends to Zante, as we went turtle spotting) to the Matrushka doll (just because it's cute!).

What do you think of Pandora bracelets? What charms would you opt for?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

*This is a collaborative post. All words and opinions are my own.

3 comments:

  1. At first I really disliked pandora bracelets, I prefer the more traditional charm bracelets but these seem much more practical (my charm bracelet always gets caught on things so I don't wear it often!) and their choice of charms has got so much better recently, I'm really tempted to start one. I love being able to personalise pieces <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree about Pandora's practicality! I have a Links of London bracelet and it gets caught on everything too! You should start one! I'm considering it too, I will probably have to wait until Christmas or birthday though xx

      Delete
  2. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.
    fly bracelet

    ReplyDelete