Jelly Shoe Obsession

Friday 2 March 2012

Back in the day when I was about 5 or 6, as soon as summer came around my feet would be adorned with plastic jelly shoes (most likely from Woolworths or Barratts!). Did anyone else wear these when they were younger?

Something along the lines of these!
Image: Google

Fast forward to now and the jelly/rubber shoe trend seems to have taken a turn for the better, with designers like Vivienne Westwood and Jason Wu collaborating with Melissa shoes. I love the look of the Vivienne Westwood and Melissa flats, but can never bring myself to part with £80+ for a pair of flat shoes.

When I chanced upon these shoes in Kurt Geiger, I promptly snapped them up. I love the cut out details  around the heel and the inside edge and the big bows at the front just finish them off perfectly! They're super girlie and would look lovely in the day and at night :) The best thing about them is that they only cost £25! They also come in a bright turquoise and bright pink, however I stuck to black as I think that although it's not a particularly summery colour, they are more wearable and will go with more.


Do you like jelly/rubber shoes?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

4 comments: