No Heat Hair Care Routine

Wednesday 7 March 2012

As you may or may not be aware, I haven't been using heat for the past few months and I have noticed a change in my hair. (You can read my posts here). It hasn't grown that much as I keep trimming it to maintain healthy ends, but it feels stronger and I have less breakage. I've also been loving the extra time in bed that I used to spend on my hair!

Today I have decided to share my current hair care routine with you. This is just the products I have been using lately. When I use heat on my hair on special occasions, I have other products and tools that I use, which won't be featured in this post.

First of all, I just thought I'd let you know my hair has a natural wave to it. It gets frizzy and dry easily and is quite fine. I also don't have much volume.


Shampoo and Conditioner
I have recently been using Aussie and I am loving the products. All Aussie products smell amazing! Aussie Volume shampoo gives your hair a nice boost of volume. I have noticed it works better when you use a hairdryer though. It cleans your hair well without stripping it. The Aussie 3 Minute Miracle works well as a conditioner and as a leave-in conditioner. It really moisturises your hair, leaving it soft and manageable. The scent from the 3MM really lingers on the hair too, I can sometimes still smell it the next day!


Deep Conditioner
I bought this massive Tresemme tub almost 1 year ago and I still have loads left! I use it once every 2-3 weeks and tend to leave it in for about 20 minutes before rinsing it out. It leaves your hair feeling so soft, without feeling weighed down or greasy.

Sorry about the state of the middle hairbrush! It really needs a wash!

Tools
I use the Tangle Teezer (left) when my hair is wet to get rid of any knots. It works amazingly for getting out knots painlessly and without pulling out too much hair with it. I love the Denman hairbrush (middle) for general styling. I prefer this one to the TT as the bristles are longer, so I find it easier to use. The comb (right) is from China and I just use it to find my parting and to backcomb my hair.


V05 Ultimate Hold Hairspray
This works really well. It doesn't leave your hair feeling crispy and holds the styles well. It smells lovely! It's also great value for money as you get such a huge can.


V05 Miracle Concentrate
This is a lovely leave-in treatment, which I gushed about in my January Favourites. It leaves your hair feeling moisturised and soft and stops the ends from looking all dry. It smells amazing too! You only need a small amount, unless you want your hair to be greasy, so this bottle will last ages!

The Body Shop Coconut Oil Hair Shine
This has also been in a previous favourites video. It's a waxy texture, which is nice for taming frizz, moisturising the ends and styling (to an extent). It's perfect for throwing into your bag for use on-the-go. The coconut smell is lovely, not as strong and sweet as some others, but still nice.

H&M Clip
I decided to feature this as I have been sleeping with my hair in a bun on the top of my head to give my hair some nice curl/waves. I was previously using hair bands to fasten the bun, but I recently watched a video on Youtube by Nikki Phillippi where she uses a clip, so I thought I'd give it a go and I have to say, I prefer it. I was initially worried about breaking the clip, but the bun is so high up on the head that you wouldn't be able to (unless you sleep on the top of your head).

What does your current hair care routine consist of? Are there any products you would recommend?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

4 comments:

  1. Great idea about the clip! I wear my hair in a high bun to sleep too so I may have to get one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, although I can't take credit for the idea! Definitely try it out! The clip was only like 99p or £1.99 from H&M! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the V05 concentrate, mine has lasted so long! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove it too! Ooh, that's great to hear that it lasts for ages xx

      Delete