Models Own Ibiza Mix

Tuesday 17 April 2012

I showed this polish in my last post/video and I am so in love with it! Ibiza Mix has a clear base with lots of multi coloured glitters.


From the macro shot above, you can see that there are hexagonal glitter pieces and smaller hexagons and circles. As I mentioned in my haul video, the polish is very similar to OPI Rainbow Connection, however the colours are different. There are lovely blues, turquoises, purples, golds, etc. in Ibiza Mix whereas Rainbow Connection has colours more along the lines of pinks, greens and silvers.

Please excuse the cut on my pointer and my horrible cuticles!
On the nails: Thumb - One layer/ Pointer - Two layers/ Middle - Three layers/ Ring - One layer over Models Own Utopia/ Pinkie - One layer over Orly Black Out

As you can see, with one layer, you get a nice spattering of glitter but the polish is easily buildable. Just ensure that each layer is completely dry before doing the next one. It looks lovely layered over pale polishes and dark polishes, so it's great as a versatile glitter topcoat. I found that if you brush the topcoat on like a normal polish, it doesn't deposit the glitter very well, so careful placement is needed. Unlike other glitter polishes, I found it really easy to remove, which was a pleasant surprise!

I actually bought another glitter polish today, which I will show you soon. I seriously need a slap on the back of my hand for buying more! But I'm so obsessed with nail polish at the moment, especially glitter polishes!).

What do you think of Ibiza Mix? What are you favourite glitter polishes?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Ive just bought this one and it's beautiful, I did worry it might be too similar to Deborah Lippmanns happy birthday but it's not happy birthday has more colours in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's lovely! Ooh, that's good that Happy Birthday is different. I've been considering buying it and could justify the purchase more if it's different to Ibiza Mix, hehe! xx

      Delete