DIY Make Up Brush Guards

Tuesday 10 April 2012

I don't own a brush roll so when I travel I put my brushes straight into my make up bag. It's not ideal, as I have found the bristles of the brushes sometimes get splayed, become temporarily weirdly shaped and sometimes get caught in the zip if I forget to put them at the bottom of my make up bag!

I saw a blog post a few months back about looking on eBay for 1m rolls of the brush guard material to DIY. If you search 'make up brush guards' in the search box, it comes up with premade ones and 1m rolls. I opted for a 1m roll as I love a bit of DIY and figured you would probably get more for your money.

In total, I paid 99p for the 1m roll (including postage and packaging - Bought from here) and made 16 brush guards from it! You can buy brush guards online for between £5-6 for 5 (extortionate?!).




They're super easy to make, as you literally just need to snip the material to the length you want. However I was procrastinating and decided to film a quick tutorial for them. You can find the tutorial on my Youtube Channel here.

How do you store your brushes when you travel?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

0 comments:

Post a Comment