Paralympics

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Yesterday, my mum and I scooted over to the Olympic park to watch some Paralympics athletics!

I am a massive fan of the Olympics and Paralympics and have avidly watched the past few games, so I was so excited that they were coming to London! Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful getting Olympic tickets and had pretty much give up hope in being able to watch the action live. But when I saw there were Paralympics tickets available, I knew I had to snap them up.

Our seats were quite high up, so although you couldn't see everything in high detail, you could see everything that was going on in the whole stadium. Everyone was in good spirits and cheering so loud, especially when the Team GB athletes' names were called, and it was nice to see the cauldron, as it's hidden away in the stadium. The weather was beautiful yesterday, which was a perfect finishing touch. We were lucky in our seats, as we got the heat from the sun but we were shielded from the blinding sunlight.

I feel so lucky to have been able to experience watching the Paralympics in my own city and after watching all this sport, I wish I'd tried harder in PE at school...

Have you been getting into the Team GB spirit?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy








4 comments:

  1. So jealous! I would have loved to have got tickets to something in the stadium. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could still try to get tickets? I'm glad I was able to experience the Olympic stadium :) x

      Delete
  2. You are lucky! I want to be there :) I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I felt so lucky to have gotten tickets :) Aww, thank you! x

      Delete