Review: Tresemme Platinum Strength Range

Thursday 22 August 2013


After hearing people rave about the Tresemme Platinum Strength range for months, I decided to pick these up on my weekly shop as they were on offer in Tesco. I bought the shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioning treatment. Before I get started, my hair type is naturally wavy and can be quite dry. My day to day hair care routine is pretty low maintenance and involves very few products and little heat. Every now and again, I will blow dry or straighten my hair but for the most part, I just leave it to dry naturally.

There isn't much to say about the usability of these products. They act like any other - The shampoo lathers well (thanks SLS), the conditioners give your hair lots of slip when applying and they all rinse out easily. These products have the typical Tresemme smell, which is pleasant and not too overpowering.

After using these products, my hair feels soft and manageable, even when my hair dried naturally and without any additional products (e.g. oils, leave in conditioners, etc). I feel like my hair doesn't get as frizzy either. When my hair is styled, I see even better results as my hair is soft, sleek and dare I say it, looks shiny and healthy. I have however found that my hair, especially my fringe, gets greasy quite quickly. And since stopping using Nioxin, I have noticed a lot more hair falling out when brushing and washing it.

The deep conditioner is nice for an extra boost of moisture. I found the consistency to be quite similar to the conditioner and I find I use quite a lot each time. I use this once a week and after use, my hair feels so lovely and soft. I really want to try the Instant Rescue Shots, which are also part of this range.

I'm really impressed with this range, especially as it's so affordable and easy to access (i.e. you don't have to buy online). I'm not convinced that it has repaired 2 years of damage, but it definitely makes my hair feel soft, healthy and swish-able.

Have you tried this Tresemme Platinum Strength range before?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. great review, it seems like products worth trying! :D

    ReplyDelete