Review: The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser

Tuesday 27 August 2013


From L-R: The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, Partially blended

I ordered this online when The Body Shop had its 40% sale a few weeks back. The Tea Tree Pore Minimiser usually costs £7.50 for 30ml, which I think is fairly reasonable. When I opened the package, the tube was smaller than I thought it would be! Does anyone else find that happens when you order online? I think the packaging is great for travel though, as it's nice and compact. I also like that it's in a tube as it's more hygienic than a tub.

On use, straightaway you get a very strong whiff of tea tree. I personally really like the smell, but if you don't like the smell of tea tree, then this might not be for you. However the smell passes quickly. I only apply this to the places I get oily - forehead, nose, sides of my nose and chin and I find that I need approximately a pea size amount to cover these areas. It's easy to blend in and makes your skin look slightly paler over the applied areas, before settling to clear.

As soon as you apply it, the skin looks matte and feels soft. My pores look smaller and my skin looks smoother. By lunch, I usually have shine and my base usually wears away fastest on and around my nose. But after using this primer, I find that my skin doesn't get that shiny even 7 hours later! I still get some slight shine on my nostrils, but my forehead is fine. My make up lasts so much longer when I use this, which is a god send, especially when it's hot. I've never really been a big fan of primers, but boy am I glad I found this!

What is your favourite primer?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Oh I want to try it, it seems really good! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's so good and definitely affordable too. x

      Delete