Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks

Friday 21 June 2013


From L-R: Sloane's Plum, Berry Queen, Nude Delight, Notting Hill Nude, Aubrun Breeze

Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight lipstick is one of my favourite nude lipsticks and I have repurchased it twice already. As I love Nude Delight so much, I decided to buy up a few more of the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks on Fragrance Direct as they were a bargainous 99p!

I really like the formula of these lipsticks. They are easy to apply and are not drying on the lips. I find that they're not the most long lasting lipsticks, but I don't mind too much as I usually expect moisturising formulas to last a shorter time on the lips. The lipsticks have a strange smell. It's not that unpleasant, but it definitely isn't as nice as the vanilla-y MAC Lipstick scents. I am not a big fan of the packaging... While purple is my favourite colour, I find the packaging to be a little garish and quite bulky. That being said, the bright packaging does make it easier to find the lipsticks once they've been thrown into the abyss that is my handbag.

When I first opened Sloane's Plum, I was thinking that it would be a shade that would be relegated to the back of my makeup drawers as the purple hue of the bullet scared me! But on the lips, it becomes a really pretty plum colour. If you want to see what it looks like on the lips, I'm wearing it in my latest Youtube video. Berry Queen is your typical blue toned red. It's a lovely shade, which I think would suit all skin types and it also makes your teeth look super white! As I mentioned before, Nude Delight is a gorgeous peachy nude, which I looove. While I don't usually like pink toned nudes, as they make me look a little dead, Notting Hill Nude has the right amount of pink and brown mixed in to create this gorgeous 'my-lips-but-nuder' colour. It's fast becoming a contender for my favourite nude lipstick. Auburn Breeze looks different on the lips to the bullet. It's a nice 'my-lips-but-better' colour,  but isn't my favourite as it has a bit of a glittery sheen to it.

Have you ever tried any Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

1 comment:

  1. Auburn Breeze has been the most flattering lip color on me, but I hesitate to wear it. The glitter adds a too-gritty texture and I prefer less sheen anyhow. No luck finding a color match.

    - Rhoni

    ReplyDelete