Review: L'Oreal Everstrong

Friday 6 January 2012


This shampoo and conditioner isn't available in the UK yet, but I think it is available in the US. I was lucky enough to be sent this as I am registered at Elle Magazine's reader panel and I had to use it for at least 2 weeks and answer a quick email survey after the two weeks were up. I thought I'd pop up a review of it as I essentially had to do a mini review for the Elle survey, so I thought I would share it here too. I'm not sure how much it will cost here, but I looked on the Ulta website and it costs $6.99, so I imagine it would cost around £6/7 here? Also, I think the packaging is going to look different here.

What they say: I got this card with details about the range included with the products. Click to make it bigger.


What I think:

- The shampoo lathers nicely, which is surprising as this shampoo does not have SLS. A little really goes a long way. It has a herbally smell (due to the rosemary and juniper), which isn't particularly strong or overpowering. It rinses out easily and leaves your hair feeling clean and not stripped.

- The conditioner is light, but moisturising. The herbal smell is more prominent in the conditioner than the shampoo, but it does not linger. After rinsing, my hair didn't have the same slippy feeling as with other conditioners I have used, but after drying my hair did feel soft and moisturised.

- These products leave my hair feeling super soft, even after the first use. I couldn't stop touching it! I was using this shampoo and conditioner combination throughout the 4 week, no heat challenge and noticed that my hair felt stronger and I had less breakage when brushing my hair. I can usually get away with washing my hair every 2/3 days, but I found that my hair gets greasy quicker after using these products and I have to wash my hair more frequently or use more dry shampoo. The smell takes a little getting used to as it's a far cry from the fruity smells of Herbal Essences or the sweetie smells of TIGI Bedhead, and it may not be everybody's cup of tea. But after a few uses, you get used to it and I actually started liking the scent.

I was looking around on the L'Oreal USA website and there are other products in this sulphate-free range - Everpure Colour Care System, Eversleek Smoothing System and Everstrong Fortify System - Within those three system categories, there are products designed for each hair type, which I think is a great idea as there is something for everyone. A lot of people seem to be raving about the Reconstruct Overnight Treatment, so I'm definitely going to have to give that a go when this range comes out here!

Will you be trying these products when they come out in the UK or have you tried them before?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

*I was sent this as part of Elle Magazine's reader panel. This does not change my opinion of the product and my reviews, as usual, are 110% honest. I am not affiliated with L'Oreal.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review dear! I've been seeing this every time I go into the supermarket and have wondered about how it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Phoebe - That's ok :) I'd love to know what you think, if you try it xx

    ReplyDelete