Musical Gems

Thursday 12 July 2012

I am the worst person at keeping up to date with music, new songs and artists. I always tell myself I should listen to the radio more, but never do. Recently I browsing good ol' Youtube to try to listen to some music and I came across some great songs from back in the day that I had forgotten about and found some new artists to listen to.

I randomly had the lyrics to Kelly Rowland's 'Stole' in my head, so I decided to search for that. I used to love this song and think it's one of Kelly Rowland's best songs. Can you believe it came out 10 years ago?! I think the song has a powerful message and I had never seen the video before, but I think it really ties in well with the song lyrics.

Images from Youtube. Screencaps taken and editted by me.

Then I fancied a bit of old school pop, so I opted for a bit of the Spice Girls because who doesn't love the Spice Girls?! I used to watch their movie every school holiday! They recently unveiled their new musical 'Viva Forever' and I am so excited for it. I want to book tickets, but need to find someone to go with me now!

Images from Youtube. Screencaps taken and editted by me.

After all that, I decided I wanted to listen to 'We Are Young' by Fun ft. Janelle Monae and I came across a cover by a singer/songwriter called Mike Tompkins (Youtube username: pbpproductions). As I watched more of his music videos, I was amazed - His songs consist of just his voice and mouth, i.e. there's no backing music, all the sounds are made by him. So cool! Definitely check out his channel, if you like listening to new artists :)



Youtube: pbpproductions

What have you been listening to lately? Have you found any musical gems on Youtube?
xoxo, Joy

*Note: I am not affiliated with any of the singers mentioned, I just wanted to share some musical discoveries I found recently.

0 comments:

Post a Comment