Review: La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

Monday 3 December 2012



La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is everything I wanted LRP Effaclar K to be. I'd heard lots of people rave about LRP Effaclar K, but unfortunately it didn't work too well for me. Effaclar Duo, however, has become one of my favourite acne treatments.

Effaclar Duo has helped to reduce any blemishes I have and has also helped me to keep them at bay. It is recommended to use it AM and PM, but I only use it in the evening. This really helps to reduce the size of spots overnight and I like to use a thin layer all over my face and then a thicker layer over my most troublesome areas or the biggest spots. My skin has been much clearer recently and I am putting it down to this product.

The consistency is very similar to LRP Effaclar K. It's light and blends into the skin easily. It doesn't really have a scent, which is good for those with sensitive skin. The tube is made of plastic rather than metal, which I prefer as metal tubes can get tiny holes in them easily and I like that there is a nozzle, so it's nice and hygienic.

I would compare this product to Avene Triacneal, which I also love, but Effaclar Duo would be the gentler little sister. I like Triacneal for spot treating (haha, excuse the pun!) particular blemishes, as I find it more effective that way, however Effaclar Duo is great to use all over the face, almost like a moisturiser and is also great for spot treating particular blemishes.

I bought some back ups as my current tube is almost finished. The Effaclar range is currently on offer in Boots where you can buy 2 products for £15 - This is a serious bargain as one tube is normally £13.

Have you ever used La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Effaclar duo is à bha exfoliant whereas Triacneal is an AHA. Effaclar is therefore better for blackheads and deep pore cleaning. I use both these products but use them on alternate nights with good results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I don't have Triacneal at the moment, but I like the idea of using each on alternate nights, so will have to buy it again! Thanks :) x

      Delete