Review: L'oreal Smoothing Resurfacing Primer

Sunday 13 June 2010



What they say: (From Boots.com) L'Oréal Paris Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer gives a velvet touch.The L'Oréal Paris Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer has a beautifully smooth texture and is effective at disguising wrinkles and pores. It gives a matte look and a silky finish. The L'Oréal Paris Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer is pleasant and easy to apply and it leaves no greasy residue. Used alone or under foundation, this primer is the perfect a base.

Price: £12.99

What I think: I have fallen in love with this primer. I was really excited to try this after buying it, since I'm always on the lookout for things that will minimise the appearance of pores, give me a smooth texture to apply my foundation on, even out my skintone and to make my skin feel softsoftsoft. And I wasn't disappointed - It does exactly as it claims.

As soon as I put my finger into the product the first time, it really reminded me of the consistency and texture of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mouse Foundation, which I used to really like. The formula is non-greasy and sinks into the skin quickly after application.

It gives me a lovely, smooth base to apply my foundation. I sometimes get dry patches on my cheeks, which usually means that my foundation sticks to it and makes it look more obvious, however after using this product, I haven't had any issues with that. Once I apply this, my skin tone looks a lot more even. I've not really found that it's made much difference to the appearance of my dark circles, but I don't really mind that, since I apply concealer there anyway. I've found that the enlarged pores on my nose look less obvious when I use this, which I'm loving since I'm quite paranoid about them. My skin feels so silky after I've applied this and I've found that my T-zone doesn't get as oily as it used to, which means I don't need to put as much powder on throughout the day.

At first, I thought £12.99 was a little expensive for such a tiny pot of primer, but you only need to use a tiny bit, since a little goes a long way. I've been using this everyday since I bought it (about 2-3 weeks ago) and as you can see in the photos, I've barely made a dent in it so far. I get a tiny bit on my finger and dab it onto my cheeks, chin and forehead and then rub it in.

I would definitely repurchase this! Now I can't imagine putting on my foundation without this on my skin first. :)

Have any of you tried any of the L'Oreal Studio Secrets range?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

4 comments:

  1. OOOo i haven't tried this but i've seen this in other blogs. i never found out if it's available in canada :( i'm glad it works great on you though! i really want to try out the dr. brandt pores no more primer :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenny - If you get the chance, definitely try it out! :) I assume it would be available in Canada, but I'm not sure. That Dr. Brandt primer sounds good. Anything that makes pores 'disappear' = a godsend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this product, too. It perfectly fills in any little imperfections on your face. Hard to use if you have long fingernails, though. You need a spatula to get the product out of the jar. But the product itself is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Supernatural Botanicals - I completely agree! Ooh, using a spatula to get the product out is a good idea. I never thought of that before :)

    ReplyDelete