October Favourites 2011

Wednesday 26 October 2011

I don’t have many favourites this month, as I have been trying to speed up my morning routine and have been using the same few products all month. I also haven’t bought any new make-up for a few months now and I am actively trying to minimise my collection.




MAC Studio Fix Fluid – I bought my first bottle of this almost 5 years ago and used it every day. During the past few years, I’ve opted for lighter coverage foundations and reserved this for nights out and days where I needed my make-up to last. Over the past month or so, I have been choosing this as my go-to foundation and I have rediscovered the love I had for it back when I first bought it. It leaves a lovely matte finish, which I am aware that a lot of people dislike. I find it can look natural if you only use a pea sized amount of foundation. It lasts all day on my skin and doesn't leave me a oily mess by lunchtime. I have the shade NC15 and it is a perfect colour match. This is love.

Layering Different Mascaras –Recently I’ve been forgoing eyeliner in a bid to speed my up make-up routine and instead I have been applying lashings (excuse the pun) of mascara. The two mascaras I've been reaching for the most recently are Max Factor False Lash Effect (the waterproof version) and Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara. By mixing a volumising mascara and a lengthening one, they have made my lashes look super long and voluminous. I love that they’re both waterproof/long lasting formulas, which means that I don't get an unsightly raccoon look and they hold curl wonderfully. The combination of these two products, along with my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers, have rapidly become holy grail status.

Topshop Neon Rose – I have been using this cream blush so much over the past month. I love that I can just use my fingers to apply it and I love the matte, powdery finish. It’s a gorgeous colour, which leaves you with a pretty flush to the cheeks. Although, be aware that it’s very easy to go overboard with this blush and you could end up looking rather clown like! (See here for swatches and to find out what it is a potential dupe for).



What were your favourite products this month?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

8 comments:

  1. I always layer mascara I used a Chanel mini and the MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash, cos if I use that alone it makes my lashes hard and pulls them out when removing the makeup!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lauren - I've never tried layering mascara before, so it's new to me. That's great that you've found a way of using the MAC mascara if it's not that great on it's own :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the lookout for a new blusher, I lost mine today [god knows where], think I will give the Topshop make up a look :) I'm a total make up bore, it's always the same!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wandering about getting a cream blush for ages, but I probably will now! It sounds really good!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Celia - Oh no, that's annoying that you lost your blusher! But what a perfect excuse to buy a new one! ;) Hope you find something you like xx

    @Pip - I would so recommend this! It's a great first cream blush as it's so easy to use :) If you get it, I hope you like it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been seeing a lot of the neon rose blush. nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Max Factor False Lash Effect, tried so many expensive mascaras and I always go back to it, it's the best! Really wanna try one of Topshop's blushers, I'm in love with their lipsticks. Great blog by the way :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @cushy - Really? I think the attention is rightly deserved, it's such a lovely blush! Thanks xx

    @Alex - Wow, that's good that it's better than expensive ones you've tried! That makes me feel better that I don't need to spend money on expensive mascaras to get a good one :) I would definitely recommend neon rose! I've never tried their lipsticks, I may have to look into them now! Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete